Saturday, March 29, 2014

Momma gets a bike !!


Bernie's new 2013 GIANT Rove 2
Remember this day - March 29, 2014 - as today we got Bernie her first ever bike. Yep at the ripe old age of 39 (?!?) Bernie has taken ownership of a new 2013 GIANT Rove 2, a women's specific hybrid model, sized and specced just right for her.

We hope that with regular practice (Bernie is a total novice ... ) she will be a competent and confident rider by next year when we head overseas.

We will get some local riding in over the Easter holidays and try to keep it going from there - I'm sure Bernie will quickly progress from cycling novice to mother superior !




The CAADX 105 with Bernie's big wheels/tyres
The good news is that the wide rim wheels and 40c tyres fit onto my CAADX as well. This means if I occasionally need bigger tyres for a rough tour or gravel ride I can swap them onto my bike. Conversely, I can fit my current CX wheels and 35c tyres onto Bernie's new bike so that she is not left without a bike if I'm away !!

And finally, being the right size for Bernie means it's a good fit for Maddy as well - win/win/win !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will moderate comments if required so please be nice :)