Sunday, June 23, 2013

Main Yarra Trail - my rehab ride zone ...


Looking NW back down the fire trail.

Today I rode the MYT again and threw in some single-track exploration, always a little dicey on the CX bike but fun anyway. I rode up a fire-trail hoping in the Yarra Valley Parklands just east of Fitzsimmon's Lane, hoping to see some kangaroos. I didn't spot them today but took a few pictures at the top of the trail.







It's 4 weeks today (Sunday) that I crashed on Whitehorse Rd (all my own fault). I had 8 days off the bike and resumed with a few careful and painful rides along the Main Yarra Trail towards Heidelberg and beyond to Bonds Rd, then rode down Beach Rd for 55kms on the second Sunday after the crash.

The start of single-track fun ...
Then winter arrived - it rained for a week, I was crook in the middle anyway, and didn't get out for another 6 days. Back to the MYT for some gentle pootling, a short Blackburn Loop and then a full Koonung/Mullum/MYT loop at last.

Though still not up to riding consecutive days I can feel the strength returning despite the persistent nagging left hamstring. Today's ride was in beautiful crisp, clear and sunny mid-winter conditions - ya gotta love Melbourne and the Main Yarra Trail !


Ride details here ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will moderate comments if required so please be nice :)